Monday 15 December 2014

Headies “Next Rated” Winner Patoranking, I Once Sold Rat Killer…”

patorankintiwa Headies Next Rated Winner Patoranking, I Once Sold Rat Killer...Tiwa Savage rat killer Patoranking Next Rated Headies 2014 Girlie O emergency

From his performances to his nostalgic clothing, Patoranking, real names Patrick Nnaemeka Okorie was full of energy and excitement at last night’s headies awards. The young chap is no doubt determined to get to the top and nothing, not even a mere stage that almost landed him on his arse would stop him from getting there.

His has been a not too smooth journey, nonetheless the time for struggling is clearly a thing of the past. Asides taking home the Best Reggae/Dancehall single for his Girlie O’ remix with Tiwa Savage, Wizzy Pro’s Emergency featuring Skales, Runtown and Patoranking fetched them the Best Collabo award. To seal the deal, Patoranking also won the highly coveted Next Rated award beating the likes of Runtown, Orezi, Yemi Alade and Skales.

It was during his acceptance speech he revealed that he once sold rat killer….. “When I sang ‘When I moved from nothing to something, that is my story‘, I meant it. I would like to say something, 2 years ago, I was living in a one room apartment, now, I’m living… somewhere around…….”, he said.

“If I tell you say I been dey sell rat killer, you go believe? If I tell you say I do bricklayer for Lagos you go believe? Don’t let anyone stop you from achieving your dreams,” he added.

With a total of 3 wins for the night, the ‘Alubarika’ singer also went home with his Next Rated prize, a Hyundai SUV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus Shortname

Comments system

Ad Inside Post